- 好久不見。It's been a long time.
*當別人這麼對自己說時,通常用It sure has.來回答。
- 好久不見。It's been so long.
John, is that you? (你是約翰吧?)
= Yeah, it's been so long. (是我,好久沒見。)
- 好久沒見了。Long time no see.
*比較隨便的說法。對方一般回答Yeah, how have you been?/Yeah, too long.
= Long time no see. (好久沒見了。)
Yeah, how have you been? (是呀,你還好嗎?)
= I haven't seen you for a long time.
= I haven't seen you for ages.
- 還好吧?How have you been?
I've been all right. (嗯,挺好的。)
- 最近怎麼樣?How have you been doing?
*詢問對方的身體和近況。
I've been alright. (幹得還不錯。)
- 忙什麼呢?What have you been doing?
*用來詢問沒見面的這段時間裡的情況。
Just working. (上班唄。)
= What have you been doing? (忙什麼呢?)
Nothing much. (沒忙什麼。)
= What have you been up to?
- 你去哪兒了?Where have you been?
- 很高興又見到你。I'm glad to see you again.
*回答這句時說So am I. (我也是)。see可以用meet代替。去掉again則帶有初次見面的語感。
= I'm happy to see you.
= Nice to see you.
= It's great seeing you again.
- 你一點兒都沒變。You haven't changed at all.
You're the same old Bob, aren't you? (鮑勃,你還是老樣子。)
- 你沒怎麼變。You haven't changed much.
Neither have you. (你也沒變。)
- 你變樣了。You've really changed.
- 你長大了。You've grown up.
= You're all grown up now.
= Look how you've grown up. (看你都長這麼大了!)
*多用於爺爺、奶奶見到孫輩時。
- 你越來越漂亮了。You've become so beautiful.
= You've gotten so pretty.
- 約翰他好嗎?Is John okay?
*這種說法帶有約翰有病或受傷的語感。
He's getting better. (好多了。)
- 你看上去不錯。You look great.
You look good, too. (你也一樣。)
- 你感覺怎麼樣?How are you feeling?
I'm feeling great. (我感覺很好。)
- 他這些日子過得怎麼樣?How's he getting along these days?
Good. (挺好的。)
How's he doing? (他幹得怎麼樣?)
- 最近你是不是胖了?Are you gaining weight?
I'm afraid so. (好像是吧。)
= Have you gained weight?
= Are you getting fatter? *不禮貌的說法。
Are you losing weight? (最近你是不是瘦了?)