「英語夜讀」Suppose someone gave you a pen(內附音頻)

英語 一起皮一下才開心 Word Scheme 英語週報 2019-04-16

請點擊右上角藍色“+關注”,關注英語週報頭條號,及時接收精彩內容。

英語夜讀:

1小時突破音標重難點

「英語夜讀」Suppose someone gave you a pen(內附音頻)

Suppose someone gave you a pen - a sealed, solid-colored pen.

假如有人送你一支筆,一支不可拆卸的單色鋼筆。

You couldn't see how much ink it had.

看不出裡面究竟有多少墨水。

It might run dry after the first few tentative words

或許在你試探性地寫上幾個字後它就會枯乾,

or last just long enough to create a masterpiece(or several) that would last forever and make a difference in the scheme of things.

或許足夠用來創作一部影響深遠的不朽鉅著(或是幾部)。

「英語夜讀」Suppose someone gave you a pen(內附音頻)

You don't know before you begin.

而這些,在動筆前,都是無法得知的。

Under the rules of the game, you really never know. You have to take a chance!

在這個遊戲規則下, 你真的永遠不會預知結果。你只能去碰運氣!

Actually, no rule of the game states you must do anything.

事實上,這個遊戲裡沒有規則指定你必須要做什么。

Instead of picking up and using the pen, you could leave it on a shelf or in a drawer where it will dry up unused.

相反,你甚至可以根本不去動用這支筆,把它扔在書架上或是抽屜裡讓它的墨水乾枯。

「英語夜讀」Suppose someone gave you a pen(內附音頻)

But if you do decide to use it, what would you do with it?

但是,如果你決定要用它的話,那麼你會用它來做什麼呢?

How would you play the game?

你將怎麼來進行這個遊戲呢?

Would you plan and plan before you ever wrote a word?

你會不寫一個字,老是計劃來計劃去嗎?

Would your plans be so extensive that you never even got to the writing?

你會不會由於計劃過於宏大而來不及動筆呢?

Or would you take the pen in hand, plunge right in and just do it,

或者你只是手裡拿著筆,一頭扎進去寫,不停地寫,

「英語夜讀」Suppose someone gave you a pen(內附音頻)

struggling to keep up with the twists and turns of the torrents of words that take you where they take you?

艱難地隨著文字洶湧的浪濤而隨波逐流?

Would you write cautiously and carefully, as if the pen might run dry the next moment,

你會小心謹慎的寫字,好像這支筆在下一個時刻就可能會乾枯;

or would you pretend or believe (or pretend to believe) that the pen will write forever and proceed accordingly?

還是裝作或相信這支筆能夠永遠寫下去而信手寫來呢?

And of what would you write: Of love? Hate? Fun? Misery? Life? Death? Nothing? Everything?

你又會用筆寫下些什麼呢:愛?恨?喜?悲?生?死?虛無?萬物?

Would you write to please just yourself? Or others? Or yourself by writing for others?

你寫作只是為了愉己?還是為了悅人?抑或是借替人書寫而愉己?

「英語夜讀」Suppose someone gave you a pen(內附音頻)

Would your strokes be tremblingly timid or brilliantly bold? Fancy with a flourish or plain?

你的落筆會是顫抖膽怯的,還是鮮明果敢的?你的想象會是豐富的還是貧乏的?

Would you even write? Once you have the pen, no rule says you have to write.

甚或你根本沒有落筆?這是因為,你拿到筆以後,沒有哪條規則說你必須寫作。

Would you sketch? Scribble? Doodle or draw?

也許你要畫素描,亂寫一氣?信筆塗鴉?畫畫?

Would you stay in or on the lines, or see no lines at all, even if they were there?

你會保持寫在線內還是線上,還是根本看不到線,即使有線在那裡?

Or are they?

嗯,真的有線嗎?

There's a lot to think about here, isn't there?

這裡面有許多東西值得考慮,不是嗎?

Now, suppose someone gave you a life...

現在,假如有人給予你一支生命的筆……

「英語夜讀」Suppose someone gave you a pen(內附音頻)

相關閱讀:

最易唸錯的100個常用單詞

1小時突破音標重難點

像美國人一樣說英語

口語發音課-看美劇 學發音

本文來源於網絡,歡迎分享到朋友圈!如有侵權,請及時與我們聯繫。

本平臺投稿及合作郵箱:[email protected]

後語:堅持是一種信仰,專注是一種態度!每一次您的轉發,就是對我們的認同和鼓勵!親們,喜歡就積極轉發吧,您的每一次轉發,都是我們持續的原創動力。原創的路上感恩有您一路同行!!!

關注“英語週報”頭條號,最原創、最海量、最有價值、最有內容、最有情懷的深度閱讀平臺。

相關推薦

推薦中...